Sunday, January 20, 2008

Julian's 2008 Sweater

On a 2006 trip to Nova Scotia, we were a-visiting with my old Uni. roommate and her partner. Turns out J's partner worked with a local carpenter, who's wife owned a yarn shop in the area. Gaspearea Valley Yarns. MMMM yummy.. We went on a visit to a wonderful little shop in an old nova scotian barn.

Jro picked out this great book called 'Men in Knits'. And specifically requested two sweaters in the book instantly. I've already knit one of them, in 2007. And now I just started on the second one.
We bought 20 balls of Alfa Green bulky weight yarn at 'Mary's Yarns' in Unionville in 2006. Its very light and fluffy, which will make a very light and soft sweater. Quite possibly I might finish this project with several balls left.


The pattern is fun and easy to learn. But I find the size of the needles a little bit hard to deal with. It's gonna be a quick knit. I've already knit up about 5 inches with one ball in the back panel. JRo is pretty excited to be seeing the sweater in progress.

No comments: